We’ve been all about the guilt-free sweet tooth this festive season. Like our marble brownies, our Double Chocolate centred muffins were a sell out! Here’s how you can join the low-sugar dessert gang with our oh-so-favorite Double Chocolate Lava Muffins:
Serves 16 Double Chocolate Lava Muffins
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (280 gr) wheat flour
- 1 cup whole milk (you can substitute with any plant milk you like)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 sachets Provee Double Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the muffin pans with liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy and pale. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add the flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. IMPORTANT: these muffins won't brown as the muffin made with eggs, so when you see the top set check the muffins with the toothpick test. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Use the back of a spoon to ‘drill’ a hole in the centre of a muffin. Using a icing cone, fill the centre of the muffin with Provee Double Chocolate.
- Enjoy the delicious, guilt-free muffin and share with everybody!
We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did! A great evening snack and healthy too!