Overnight oats are a wonderful way to get breakfast quickly in the morning because of their make ahead convenience. It's also perfect for those who are on the go and need to take something with them. Overnight oats are kept in the fridge for a night that absorb the liquid they have been soaked in. There's no cooking involved and this is a great way to add chia to your diet.
As an added benefit to soaking your oats, your body will have an easier time digesting and absorbing their nutrition. We all know how good oatmeal is for us. It's full of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber, and is a great way to lower cholesterol. And as the oats soak, their vitamin content actually increases. Especially the B vitamins, which among many things help keep a strong healthy metabolism, heart and nerve function.
However, sometimes eating oats can get boring, which is why we came up with a twist on your regular overnight oats by adding some zesty flavours and loads of protein! Keeping it nutritious yet fun, here is the simple recipe you can try for your breakfast tomorrow:
All you need:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond milk (any milk you like will do)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 6-7 freeze-dried whole lemons
- High Protein Double Chocolate Spread
- Pumpkin Seeds
Here's how you can make it:
- Add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and milk to a bowl or microwave safe container and stir together. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning, dress the oats up with freeze-dried whole lemons, pumpkin seeds and High Protein Double Chocolate Spread.
- Enjoy it with a side of fresh fruits!