Protein Packed Brunch - 4 Way
Making snacking healthy is a myth no more. However, while trying to balance our macros, we miss out on the fact that not every calorie is just a calorie. Getting your calorie intake from the right sources of food is more important than just completing your macro goals for a day. Calories from simple sugars like sucrose are digested easily eventually adding to the bloodstream and fat tissues, whereas calories from complex carbohydrates and lean protein are used mainly to fulfill our energy requirement and build muscle.
With numerous recipe blogs out there, our goal is simple: to get you hearty, healthy recipes along with benefits that will make your meals not only nutritious but delicious too!
So here is something for you to try this weekend:
- High Fibre Multi-grain Bread
- Dried or Fresh Blueberries
- High Protein Peanut Spread
- High Protein Double Chocolate Spread
- Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Toast the breads for 30 seconds.
- Layer up the toasts with the healthy spreads. The protein spreads we used have no added sugars and are fortified with WPC. The double chocolate spread is made with in-house chocolate using highest quality cocoa powder.
- Top the toasts with fruits, seeds and nuts however you like and give this protein packed brunch a shot!
Why these ingredients?
- Peanut spread is high with monounsaturated fat, which is good for your heart!
- Consuming cocoa powder has shown